Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Professional Hopes and Goals

One hope that I have when I about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is that my words and actions show respect, value, and acceptance for all children and families empowering them and in some way will play a role in bettering their lives.

A goal that I would like to set for the early childhood field is:  All children and families will demonstrate self-awareness, confidence, pride in family, and positive social identities enabling them to experience joy and comfort in human diversity and experience caring human relationships.

I would like to thank all of my colleagues for sharing insight regarding our studies on diversity and for engaging in discussions. This has deepened my learning and I am taking away a great deal of knowledge from various perspectives. It has been a wonderful learning experience and I wish all of you much success in you future. 

3 comments:

  1. Shelia,
    It has been inspiring and encouraging reading your blog post and discussions throughout this course. Like you have shared I too have gained a better understanding of diversity, equity and social justice since being in this course. The many tidbits of professional comments and personal words of encouragement has certainly added to my schema of things. Thank you so much for the many times I felt you shared from the heart and that was encouraging to me.
    Much success as you continue on your journey to get your masters.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sheila,
    I have really enjoyed our interactions through blogs and discussions. I have also gained a clearer understanding of diversity, equity and social justice. I believe you will do well with your new student. I wish you well in your next course.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shelia,
    I would like to thank you for sharing your insight over the past few weeks and wish you continued success in your future courses.

    ReplyDelete