Friday, September 11, 2015

Fueling Passion

My driving force has a lot to do with my grandchildren and my hope for a better world for them and future generations.  Please meet Paige, Kaylin, Kristen, Tyler, Jocelynn, Rosalee, and Aries.  They range in ages 6 months to 17 years old.  Jocelyn and Aries are identical twins and quite a handful.  Rosalee is busy discovering our world.  Tyler and Kaylin are both hearing impaired, but managing well.  Paige and Kristen are the oldest and will graduate high school soon.  They are the center of my world along with God, my children, and my profession, and the infants in my classroom.  Yes, I have a very large and loving heart. 


Another factor that fuels my passion is the fact that so many children and families in our world are struggling and hurting.  Early childhood educators and professionals are in a position to make a difference and to create positive change. 




A Favorite Poem
Not In Vain

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain:
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.
(www.inspirationpeak.com/cgi-bin/poetry.cgi?record=41)

Together we can create a better world for children and families. 

1 comment:

  1. Too many families and children are struggling i agree.Our children and grandchildren are the future. As teachers, mothers, grandmothers and friends we must pave the way for them. Every chance we get we must make it a teachable moment. WE must give them love and compassion. WE MUST look out for each other in order to continue making this world a better place.

    ReplyDelete